Every user has an own default IP address for their device and device IP is 192.168.1.254 which has its own a personal IP address.Whenever the person buys a new connection the user get default username and password of their router/modem. This particular help the user for the individual login credentials, with the domestic usage, the user is protected from irrelevant connections of their internet.
But even sometimes you may face a problem using this IP address code or you may forget the router password, for this problem, there is a solution for it. If we don’t have the router login id credentials, it is difficult to access the Wi-Fi connection on any of your devices. However, the user need not worry about it. We are here to help you in resolving the router and Wi-Fi issues with much ease.
For this kind of problems, there are multiple solutions such as altering the password or to reset it. In fact, the codes of IP address are completely private. If you face any issues in accessing the internet using the default IP address then, there is a feasibility to reset and substitute the router IP address. In this post, we have covered a complete tutorial for you to reset and change the router username, password, and the Router IP address. Have a glance!
What is 192.168.l.254 IP Address?
The IP address 192.168.1.254 is exclusively used for the IPv4 address. There is no possibility for applying this code to the IPv6 address. This IP address can be utilized as a factory default IP address on a large number of cables, wireless data cables, and routers. The IP address 192.168.1.254 is a default IP address accredited to different broadband modems or routers. It is moderately doubting for the people to alter the IP address of a router.
With an intention to assist our readers, we have presented the secure methods to reset username and password of a router. By using the IP address, one can quickly obtain access to the router. Some routers are harmonious with two different IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254. There is a petty contrast among these addresses i.e., the latter 3 digits. 192.168.1.254 IP address is usually worked on the modernized routers such as Linksys, TP-Link routers, ADSL routers and other modems.
Most frequently, people at home or the offices make use of the routers and modems with an IP address as 192.168.1.1. In some circumstances, this IP address code doesn’t work. In such a case, you can enter the IP address as 192.168.1.254. This specific IP address code helps the users to access the router on new devices. 192.168.1.254 permits the users to access the default IP address settings. This will ultimately solve the default Router IP address problem.
How to Change Username and Password of a Router?
You can reset your router and change the router admin password with much ease. If you are unable to access the router’s setup page or forgot the router password then, follow the steps below.
- You have to reset the router to the default factory settings. In order to do so, you need to press and hold the Reset button for about 10 seconds.
- The default username for a router can be simply left empty
- Assure that the power LED to the router is blinking soon after hitting the Reset button.
- The time for the Reset method relies on the model of the router.
- Once you are satisfied with the Reset process, you must unplug and re-plug the power adapter from the router.
Reset Router from Web Page
- The user needs to drive to the setup page.
- Go to the Administration tab >> Factory Defaults that appears on the screen.
- In the Factory Defaults section, you need to tap the button that reads ‘Restore Factory Defaults’.
- After resetting the router to the default settings then, you need to reconfigure the device depending on the internet connection.
Check your Router’s User Manual
The best method to reset the username and password of your router is to view the user manual of your router. On the manual, the users can find the IP address, username as well as password of the router. The default IP address of your router is 18.104.22.168.
This particular code might alter in some situations. You need to type the default IP address in the search space of the browser. Later, enter the default username and password in the relevant fields. It then allows the users to reset and change the login details of the router.
Default Router Usernames and Passwords
|Aztech||“admin”, “user”, or blank||“admin”, “user”, or blank|
|Billion||“admin” or “admin”||“admin” or “password”|
|Motorola||“admin” or blank||“password”, “Motorola”, “admin”, “router”, or blank|
|Netopia||“admin”||“1234”, “admin”, “password” or blank|
|Thomson||blank||“admin” or “password”|
|Westell||“admin” or blank||“password”, “admin”, or blank|
Change your Router Password with Few Steps
For security regard, the users must change the default password of the router to pretty powerful password. The default password for a router is admin and the username must be given a void. In order to alter the router password by web-based setup page, you must understand the below steps and implement the same:
- At first, the users need to enter the setup page of the router.
- On the same page, you need to tap the Administration tab.
- In the Management section, you need to enter the new password in the fields of Router Password and Re-Enter to Confirm.
- Finally, you need to tap into ‘Save Settings’ option.
- That’s it! This is the easy method to reset and alter the Router Password.
Use 192.168.1.254 for Router Configuration
- Open your default Internet Explorer browser from your desktop PC or Laptop.
- In the address bar, enter the IP address as 192.168.1.254 or http://192.168.l.254.
- A new web page appears on the screen wherein you must enter the default username and password.
- Just click the Enter button and go to Advanced Setup option from the menu.
- From the box, you can click on the Internet Service Provider [ISP] name.
- Depending on your terms, choose either the Bridge Mode or PPPOE.
- You can then provide the login credentials given by your ISP.
- Save and then Reboot the router.
WEP/WPA Security Key Setup via 192.168.1.254 IP Address
- Initially, access the default browser and provide 192.168.l.254 in the address bar of the web page.
- A new dialog box of the admin will appear on the screen in which you need to enter the username and password.
- Go to Menu present on the left side corner of the page.
- You can then pick the Security option from the list of options which is present on the left side menu.
- Give a compelling security key for your router in the blank space.
- Further, save and restart your router for receiving accurate network signals.
192.168.1.254 IP Address Bridge Mode
- First of all, access the default web browser and enter 192.168.1.254 in the address bar.
- After arriving on the expected web page just hit the option that reads ‘Advanced Setup’.
- You can then pick the option that says ‘bridge mode’.
- Provide the username and the password which was previously given by the internet service provider for the 192.168.1.254 IP address.
- Just save all the details and reboot the router later.
- The users need to access the router web page utilizing the same IP address and check whether the internet connection and speed is operating accurately or not.
Can I Change the IP Address of a Router?
If you think it is hard to alter the username and the password of the router, you can simply alter the IP address of the router. Guessing whether it is feasible or not? It is likely to alter the IP address of a router without any hassle. As stated before, the IP address codes are private and it is solely assigned to the IPv4 address. The default IP address 192.168.1.254 can be altered if needed.
For that, you need to view all the guidance rules mentioned on the router. Essentially all the routers need login credentials so as to obtain the web control panel’s access. In order to get that, you need to enter the IP address of the router in the browser window. Go to the LAN settings and alter the IP address depending on your choice. You need to go to the DHCP Settings and type the new IP address in the respective field.
This is all you need to know about the IP address 192.168.1.254 router login and password. Hope this tutorial helped you in the best way to reset and change your router’s IP address and password with much ease. This guide gives you a detailed explanation of the IP address 192.168.1.254 Bridge Mode and the process to set up a security key for your router. For more details regarding this IP address, share your ideas and thoughts in the below feedback section. We try to improve our website to render the best browsing experience to the readers.